Bookings made at this property are made under the followings terms:
Terms & Conditions for Kingfisher Cottage, Chapel Lane, Blackford, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 7EF
1. KINGFISHER COTTAGE - The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between the Kingfisher Cottage Owner (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have processed the deposit and issued written confirmation of the booking. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. Notice can be served for breach of this agreement, and may be given during the Holiday Period by delivery into the property and shall be deemed to have been received upon the expiration of 24 hours after service. The party leader must be 18 years of age at the time of booking and the booking form must list names and ages (those under 18) of your party.
2. PAYMENT - Bookings will be confirmed on receipt of the signed booking form and a deposit of 40% of the holiday cost. Written confirmation will be sent. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 8 weeks prior to the holiday commencement date and we reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received 4 weeks before the commencement date. If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the holiday start date the full rental will be required. Once confirmation of booking has been issued by us, you are responsible for the full rental.
3. CANCELLATION - Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing by recorded delivery. The booking deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. If your cancellation falls within 8 weeks of your arrival date the full rental will be payable unless we are able to re-book the same period at the same price.
4. CANCELLATION INSURANCE - Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance to protect against the cancellation penalty. Cover may include death, injury, illness, redundancy, cancellation of armed forces leave, summons for jury service or as a court witness, or your home becoming uninhabitable and you may choose to take out your own Holiday Insurance cover through your own insurance broker.
5. CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER AND FORCE MAJEURE - If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control including fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable and in no circumstances will be more than the total amount paid for the booking. We will use our reasonable best endeavours to assist you in making alternative arrangements.
6. PERIOD OF HIRE - You should not arrive before 2pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to do so may result in you being charged a reasonable charge to cover any inconvenience or losses. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
7. NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY – Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated in the brochure and the web site occupy the property. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Kingfisher Cottage.
8. LIABILITY - The use of the accommodation and amenities at Kingfisher Cottage is entirely at the users risk and no liability can be accepted for death, injury & loss or damage to users or their belongings. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to belongings or vehicles. This is your responsibility at all times.
9. CARE OF THE PROPERTY - You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the property for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking and candles are not permitted in the house. Fireworks are specifically not permitted in the house or garden. You will not use the premises' internet facilities for unlawful purposes and understand that a ‘fair usage’ policy means that you will not use more than 10gb of data per week.
10. DAMAGES & BREAKAGES
You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. If you lose a key we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one. We may require a cheque in advance of your arrival for £200 which will be refunded in full on confirmation that there are no such costs.
11. PETS - We do not accept pets unless agreed in advance prior to booking.
12. RIGHT OF ENTRY - We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
13. COMPLAINTS - Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.